Thursday, August 5, 2010

Baby shower extravaganza!!


A couple weeks ago we had our first shower down in Jasper thrown by Matt's mom, Medea. It was so much fun to start getting all those essentials we are going to need for Baby K's arrival. Also, Medea had everyone bring a book to the shower as their card. We now have quite the collection of books inscribed by family and friends. I'm sure we'll be reading all of them over and over again some day soon. Thanks Medea for the wonderful shower!!

The beautiful cupcakes at the shower

This past Saturday was my family/friends shower thrown by my mom. It was held at my dad's K of C club in town. My dad served as bartender and was exposed to his first baby shower experience. I think he enjoyed himself ;). We also played a game to help Matt and I with ideas for a middle name. Now, everyone will have to wait to see if we took their suggestions or not. Family from both ends of the state made the trip down and enjoyed the wonderful food and dessert. The surprise gift was a crochet blanket from my mom who hasn't crocheted in almost 30 years. Thanks for all your hard work mom, it was an amazing shower! Also, thanks to Rachel, Trisha, Brooke, and Krista for helping set-up as well!




My assistant Meredith and I opening gifts at the shower


On Sunday, my work friends threw another shower for me. It is so nice to see everyone outside of work and in regular clothes. It was thrown by Emily and Lacey, and they did a wonderful job. We had a Mexican buffet for dinner, and it was delicious!! Baby K got lots of great things, and I've enjoyed coming home with more gifts each day I worked this week.



group shot at my work shower


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had wonderful showers and hopefully you have everything you need. I can't believe Baby K will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete